Lifelong Learning Collaborative (LLC) is able to keep our courses and activities affordable because we are run by volunteers. All Board and committee members volunteer their time. There is only one paid consultant who is in responsible for the website, catalog design/layout and various administrative duties. Members are encouraged to share their talents and expertise with the organization on a regular basis.
How would you like to help out? Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form below.
- Communications and Marketing: Responsible for internal member communications and promotion of LLC to the general public. Diana Grady, Art Norwalk, Co-Chairs
- Cultural: Responsible for cultural events and other social activities, including non-curriculum-based initiatives that serve the purposes of the organization and its membership. Barbara Barnes, Celene Healy, Co-Chairs
- Curriculum: Responsible for the selection of topics for study, recruitment and approval of course coordinators and syllabi, quality assurance and the operations of courses, seminars, and all educational activities. Kathy Webster, Mike Webster, Co-Chairs
- Digital Technology: Responsible for planning for technology needs of the organization, including but not necessarily limited to providing for technology instruction. The committee is also charged with monitoring members' needs for learning or improving their technology skills, and with providing information, workshops and other opportunities to support such learning. Linda Shamoon, Chair
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Established to promote and expand learning opportunities that enable the LLC organization and membership to better understand, celebrate, learn from, support, and include diverse communities. (The Committee defines diversity broadly to include race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, socioeconomic status, language, geographical origin, gender and/or sexual orientation and physical disabilities.) Mark Guyer, Chair
- Finance and Administration: Responsible for preparing an annual budget and overseeing the finances of the organization. Dick Brush, Chair
- Governance: Responsible for the nomination of Officers and members-at-large of the Board of Directors, conducting elections, and by-laws revisions. The committee shall develop procedures for the conduct of elections, subject to the approval by the Board of Directors. David Hansen, Chair
- Membership: Responsible for planning membership campaigns, orientation of new members, and retention of existing members. Lois Kemp, Chair
- Planning: Responsible for updating the organization's long-range strategic plan and establishing an annual plan in conjunction with the other Standing Committees. Dennis Flavin, Chair