Want to Learn or Improve Your Basic Computer Skills?
A sampling of the types of classes, topics, and help offered:
- The world wide web & how to use a browser
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Photo editing
- How to use a mouse and keyboard
- How to navigate the computer desktop, files, and programs
- How to navigate the Internet and use Google
- How to email and Internet safety
- How to download library eBooks and audiobooks to a smartphone, tablet, or eReader device
- iPad basics
- How to work with images and photos
- Social media websites & apps
- The Providence Public Library, Downtown Branch, 150 Empire Street, 5th floor
- Monthly day & evening classes. Advanced registration is required. For information, call 455-8000 after 1:00 pm, or visit the PPL’s technology info page: http://www.provlib.org/technology-computer-classes.
- The Providence Community Library's online resources: http://www.provcomlib.org/classes-training. Other links on the page:
- Cranston Public Library, Central Branch, 140 Sockanosset Cross Road, Cranston, Rhode Island 02920
- Barrington Public Library, 281 County Road, Barrington, RI 02806
- One-on-one tech help and tech classes and a help desk. Registration is required. For information, call 401-247-1920 x2 or visit page: Library Events - LibCal - Barrington Public Library
- The topics offered and the schedules of classes offered at each location vary from month to month. For the most up-to-date tech-help and schedule information, be sure to visit the appropriate web page or the library’s help desk.
- If any of the above information is incorrect or needs updating, please send an email to email@example.com